perso

reddred a écrit :
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
news:znr1117293005k@trad...

In article

writes:

I'm actually thinking about a project of home studio, linux based.

Do you think Ardour could be a serious choice for a personal but
"serious" home studio ?

Only for the serious Linux fanatic who'd rather build his own
operating system from a kit and keep adding to it weekly than buy a
Microsoft or Apple product. But then, aren't all Linux users like
that?

It's not that bad. If you're building a dedicated workstation, and want to
have as much of your system's resources as possible dedicated to audio, the
only platform that you can truly do that with is Linux. You can boot
straight to the GUI of your audio software, and don't need to run all the
crap that Windows and Mac crowbar into the OS. A lot of people like to mess
around with updates daily or weekly because it's a learning process for them
and they have software that isn't finished. It's not necessary, though. If
one wanted to build a machine that could, say, replace a multitrack device,
you only need to do it once - if, and only if, your chosen software works.

jb

When will you have time to do any recording, or make any music?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

ok