perso

kleinebre a écrit :
It really depends on how you're using it and how important your
recordings are. For personal stuff it's definitely usable; sound
quality and usability of the tools are no issue.

However personally I'm not (yet) trusting it for live recording of
paying clients. If you have a recoverable crash in a home recording
situation, nothing is lost; of you have one during recording a live
concert, you lose the concert.

In my current setup, I'm mostly using Linux for recording the final
mixdown (which I do with a digital console), editing it and burning it
to CD, but not yet for realtime critical stuff.

Bit by bit things are getting more and more usable, and I do think you
can get quite far with just Linux. It's definitely not the easiest way,
but a bit of persistence goes a long way. I've had ardour crashing on
me more than once but that might be related to my unstable jackd setup
back then.

GNU wavecleaner does the trick of denoising (always make a backup of
your original before denoising, cause gwc is unstable as hell but it
does its work well otherwise). For normalizing etc I use rezound and
audacity, so personally I don't really have a big need for using
ardour. If I want to do any composing, my tools of choice are usually
soundtracker, or if I need something a bit more pro I use rosegarden
for a sequencer and fluidsynth/zynaddsubfx as softsynths (and aeolus if
I need a realistic sounding pipe organ).

Best of luck and keep us posted!

thanks