reddred

"perso" wrote in message
Hi

I'm actually thinking about a project of home studio, linux based.

Do you think Ardour could be a serious choice for a personal but
"serious" home studio ?
:
Linux agnula

You should talk to the people who use it or work on it to find out the
viability there. Are you a programmer? Are you into synthesis? How familiar
are you with Linux? I'm asking because you might be better off with
something like Mandrake, and doing some customization.

Ardour +

It's being debugged in preparation for coming out of Beta. It's taking a
long, long time. You shouldn't use Beta software for things you care about.

Delta 1010 or RME Hammerfall

By all accounts the drivers are solid.

Whatever you do, I'd strongly recommend NOT keeping your DAW on the
internet, after you build it. Build it once and leave it alone. Make music.

jb