Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best equipment for stealth recording for voice (not music)

"R. L. Drake" wrote ...
I'm looking for the BEST stealth microphone I can find, that is optimized
for voice and not music, that I can wear unobtrusively. A wireless pen
microphone, and wireless receiver that connects to the recorder, would be
best, but a wired solution is OK too.

There are microphones made for inconspicuous (and even
invisible) use by the people who do sound for film & TV.
They hang out at news:rec.artst.movies.production.sound

Many are the size of a pencil eraser and even smaller.
One is made as a button with a pin that goes through
the clothing to the wire on the back. They also have
developed many methods of attaching the mics and
routing the wire so that movement, etc. doesn't cause
noises to be picked up by the mic.

Be warned that many (most?) of those mics are in the
$300-500 range.

Experiment with your RS microphone at home, putting
it in different locations, etc. Maybe making some alternative
clip to use in a different manner than lapel or tie-clip.

Don't mess with wireless since you have the recorder in
your pocket.

There are also eyeglasses that have microphones in
the frame, etc.