Paul Vina

Default "Twisted pair" RCA Interconnects?

The break could have been farther down the cable, not in the end.

Paul Vina

"sanitarium" wrote in message
I replaced it with my dad's phoenix gold RCAs for a couple IASCA shows
and the problem was fixed. I settled with a monster cable interlink of
some sort, about a 35$ cable. Possible I got a bad cable from RS, but I
took it apart and re-flow'd the solder joints to no avail. Ive been
using it in my guitar rack for years and it sounds great with my high
gain tube rack pictured on right...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...68_59_full.jpg

I cant figure it out, but I'm glad I found a solution... :~)
Garrett

Paul Vina wrote:

Maybe the RS cable was damaged. If the shield was broken it'd do that.

Did
you try other RS rcas?

Paul Vina

"sanitarium" wrote in message

I am the only one on this NG who would recommend higher end RCAs. In my
accord with my Hifonics VIII Europa I was picking up alternator whine
through the RCA cables. At the time I was using radio shack generic
RCAs, the shielded black ones with the gold plugs @ the ends. Drove me
nuts... run the RCA within 1.5 feet of the amp and alt whine would
enter. It was progressive too, the closer the RCA was located to the
amp the louder the whine became. It made cable routing a pain.
Upgraded to high end cables and the whine stopped completely.

At the time I was an IASCA competitor, with the whine costing me about
10-12 Noise floor points.

Garrett

Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig wrote:

I'm upgrading my factory car stereo with a new headunit, speakers, and
amp/subwoofer. I'm trying to decide what RCA cables to use to go from

the

HU to the amp. The Streetwires Zero Noise twisted-pair style

interconnects

look interesting.

Cany anybody tell me their experiences with this style of cable, does

it
seem to be adequately shielded and does it have satisfactory noise
rejection?

thanks,

jp