Posted to rec.audio.pro
nebulax nebulax is offline

Default Store vinyl vertical? horizontal?

On Jan 6, 8:43*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Plastic wrap (or shrink wrap) is going to keep on shrinking whether
you want it to or not, so best just to take it off, or at least cut
some slits around the edges for strain relief. If it's an album that
you want to sell as 'sealed', that's another issue, but the shrink
wrap may eventually fall apart (or warp the record), anyway.

I remember LPs with "loose" shrinkwrap" to prevent warpage. This is
ridiculous.

I've never seen even /tight/ shrinkwrap get to the point where it bowed the
jacket. I leave it on until it falls off.

I've seen sealed records that were warped, and in almost every case
the shrinkwrap was stretched tight against the bowed part of the
cover. So, is the shrinkwrap to blame for the warpage? Probably not,
but exposure to heat can have a destructive effect on most sorts of
plastic, PVC, polyolefin, or otherwise.

-Neb

-Neb