Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

Default Store vinyl vertical? horizontal?

"Richard Crowley" wrote in
:

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"Carey Carlan" wrote
I stored my records upright, like books on a bookshelf.
My brother says that will make them warp--store them
horizontal.

I suspect vertical is correct, but I don't know why.

Any good references?

Geometry.

As has been correctly pointed out, vertical storage minimizes any
bending moments applied to the surface of the LP.

Exactly.

Furthermore, serious collectors remove the discs from the cardboard
sleeves and keep the sleeves in protective covers to preserve their
collector value.

Too extreme for me. I'll protect the music. The printing on the sleeve
will have to fend for itself.