Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default B&W 801 series 2 crossover

Dick Pierce wrote:

Just buy the damned 10 watt resistors and be done
with it.

If it's anything like my KEF Reference speakers (and it should be) , it is
not JUST a 10W resistor.
It is likely to be of a specifically selected value from within the normal
tolerance band, to enable the speaker to comply to it's specifications. KEF
tested and matched up Rs Cs and drivers into bins to make sets that gave
the correct crossover frequencies and attenuations.

I'd be inclined to test the actual value of it's buddy in the adjacent
speaker, and match the resistance to within 1% or so.

We are talking about B&W Nautilus range speaker IIRC, so worth the effort.

geoff