Arny Krueger

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

In article ,
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

In article ,
On 18 Jun 2004 15:42:56 -0400, (Scott Dorsey)
wrote:

Do you have the original tape? The mp3 you have is so far off
correct azimuth that it's hard to tell what the other problems
are. If you can get a dub with the alignment in the right
ballpark, you might have a start.

My pal gave it to me on 2 CDs -I'll get in touch with him & see if
he can get me the original tape.

Out of interest, what are you hearing in the mp3 that points to
azimuth problems? - the general 'woolieness'?

It's a particular kind of wooliness caused by comb filtering. While
you are at it, make sure the tape pressure pad is good and it's
making good head contact.

Spectral analysis shows no comb filtering.

You're only seeing the lowest tooth in the comb, so it won't look
like a comb. But look at the profile.

So what FFT parameters are you using when you look at the file, Scott?