Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

Default Connecting the AKG 8000S to the PC

bharat wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Can you give me the specs. of the
adapter I need to connect the XLR cable to the mic input?

Specs:

Female XLR on one end
Male 1/8" (3.5 mm) phone plug on the other end

However you won't find a solid adapter like this, but you may find a
cable with that connector arrangement. That's what you should use. Like
one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/2vmv5

However, I couldn't find an 8000S (or anything with 8000) in a search
of the AKG web site. Have we established that this is a dynamic mic and
doesn't require power from the input? The above cable will work,
assuming that the mic is either Dynamic (requiring no power) or
internally powered (battery), and also that your computer actually has
a mic level audio input. Most do, but some don't.