OffTopicMan

From: Steve Jorgensen am
Date: 7/1/2004 1:04 AM Central Daylight Time
I'm not a huge participant around here, but I think I speak for a lot of us
when I say - give it a damn rest already.

If you like arguing politics, there are many good newsgroups to do it in. I
know artistic types tend to be opinionated, and can't resist a little
politicalizing amongst others of similar creative interest, but when we have
OT forks back to the root from threads that were off topic to begin with,
things are more than a little out of hand.

Sorry if I'm out of place, being an irregular here and all - just my 2c.

I notice it only becomes a big problem when a pro-conservative point of view is
put forth, backed up by facts. That's when the loonies really trip over
themselves to not address the facts and start attacking the messenger. My
"Michael Moore Hates America" thread is a perfect example of this.

Somehow or another, it seems to be okay to post anti-Bush **** in this
newsgroup, though. It's like watching a bunch of little girls on the playground
ganging up on one girl they don't like. Yes, this is a newsgroup of
professionals alright.

Dorsey and Rivers are two I rarely, if ever see participating in those threads.