Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gregory Allen Gregory Allen is offline

Default variable speed playback on MP3 player-- what purpose??

Hello,
I have read your post
Please could you recommend me a mp3 player with variable speed playback. Not like jumping from 1,00x to 1,25x but in lower steps from 1,05 to 1,1 for example.

I would really appreciate that, because I am kind of unable to find one.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I use an old SanDisk Sansa clip, but I can highly recommend the Rockbox custom firmware. You can use it with lots of different devices, and it allows for a lot more customisation than you usually get with the default, smooth variable speed playback being one notable feature.

https://www.rockbox.org

Cheers,
Greg