Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

Scott wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2013 1:32:20 PM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:
To miss out on great performances because we don't like the PA System

Wasn't it you who said this just a couple posts ago?

"Sure, I agree with that. There is something very alienating about
arena concerts. I went to one or two and swore that I never would
again."

is that not missing out on great performances because you don't like
the PA system?

Not really. I think it's because the whole thing turns into an event
that seems more like a Nuremberg rally than a concert.

And who'd deny that? It's a question of which is to be the master,
that's all.

And I'm still appalled that Mr. Empire would miss out on a great
musical experience because he doesn't like PA systems.

Clearly he didn't think the experience was all that great.

How would he know? He left.

Andrew.