Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

In article ,
Audio_Empire wrote:

I think that it makes more sense to buy the most neutral and realistic
sounding loudspeakers that you can find (and afford). Ostensibly, such
speaker will sound good with any kind of music - quite an advantage if
you have an eclectic taste in music or, if you find that your tastes
have changed.

That is my approach, but I listen to pretty much everything.

My point was that if there is one type of music you like and that is all
you like (and I guess will ever like) it makes sense to go with speakers
that sound best playing that music even if they aren't going to be that
great for other types of music. If your tastes change you are out of
luck.