Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

Default 8 ohm version drastically louder than 4 Ohm version of same loudspeaker model

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Sean Conolly wrote:

Has the other speaker arrived yet to compare? There may simply be a
problem
with the crossover in the one you have.

DHL driver called me yesterday @daytimejob and wanted to deliver @home,
10 minutes after I had talked to their "find stuff" department who
wanted additional information about how the shipment looked as they had
not been able to find it. I had to ask him deliver it wednesday.

Also, if these are used boxes there's always the possibility that they may
have been repaired with incorrect components at some point, i.e. mixing
parts from the 8 ohm version by mistake. Speculation, but maybe something to
check on.

Sean