Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ant Ant is offline

Default Windows Media Player .mp2 files time readout

Wow. I remember MP2 before MP3 during the mid 90s. I never knew it was
from radio stations from your post and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-1_Audio_Layer_II article.

Bill wrote:
I can't easily test this myself, so I wondered it anyone here knows the
answer.
I've been asked why, when using Windows Media Player in Windows 7 to
play wave and mp3 files, he sees and can select a countdown timer at the
bottom of the screen. However, when playing mp2 files, the countdown
timer doesn't work.
I understand that the mp2 files are of radio programmes captured
digitally from DAB broadcasts.

He thinks, but can't be certain, that it used to countdown under XP.

I wonder whether "Classic Media Player" or something else would show
this, but I can't instantly find any .mp2 files here to test with..

--
Quote of the Week: "Number fourteen. The naughty bits of an ant." --Monty Python's Flying Circus
/\___/\Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org / http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )