Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default audio term that's parallel to "vivid" for video

On 7/08/2018 1:44 AM, wrote:
I'm working with clients who have no familiarity with our jargon. I said "dynamics" once and they asked me what I was talking about. So yeah, we're trying to communicate regarding the quality of the audio WITHOUT using terms like "dynamics", "frequency range", "noise floor", etc. Figured somebody on here would have been in the same situation before. Maybe there is no great word for it specific to audio.

Surely fidelity covers it. Most people have some concept of high
fidelity Vs say an AM radio's low fidelity.