Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintoshcomputer user?

On 2017-10-10 22:31:11 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:

Tom Evans wrote:

I already have two loop-based composing tools: Logic and Garageband.

So I don't see why you think I would need ACID, which I'd never even
heard of.

Because ACID will allow you to use sample libraries from wherever you
want,
whereas Garageband ties you into the samples that you keep saying you
don't
like the sound of.

And Logic is a high-quality pro tool, so why would I need to spend time
and effort learning ACID, after I've already invested time and money on
Logic.

Because clearly there's something you want to do that you're not able to
do with Logic. Otherwise you would not be here.
--scott

You made a false and stupid assumption, Scott.

Tautologies are low in information content but they're certainly not
stupid.

I'm here to follow-up -- to check if anyone answered my question about
what DAW they might recommend. To not check if anyone answered my
question would have been irrepsonsible.

One of the weird things that Usenet learned ( and the rest of the
online... things never did ) is that no answer is still no answer.

Tom Evans

--
Les Cargill