Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Default 64 bit processing, etc.

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:

wrote ...

"Richard Crowley" wrote:

Most knowledgeable people in my acquaintance are
avoiding it like the plague.

well, that's what is out there and time marches on. i'm sure it will
settle in.

Yes, I'm sure Vista may be useful in, say.. 1-1½ years time, whin we've
seen the first one or two service packs, and how many things they fixed.

I propose to migrate to Linux (or Mac?) by the time WinXP
support ends.

Good luck with that :-) Let us all know how that works for ya :-)

Been into Linux for some ten years. Fine for serveruse, fine for the
desktop, provided one is good at unix. The latter couple of years has
revealed a few distros which can actually be used by non-techies.

But... as a misic recordong/production platform...
Lotsa work getting intimately familiar with alsa, integrating alsa nas
stuff like jackd, not to speak about no professional music apps.
Drivers for (semi) pro soundcards? Well, a few, like RME.

Even being very well into several Linux distros and other unix, it was
an easy job deciding to go for OSX. Just shopped a used dual G4..

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.