Harry Lavo

"Troglodite" wrote in message

Those were the sweetest little 8-inchers of that era. Why would you want

part with them, even for sentimental value?

I'm now 65 years old. My hearing is 6dB down at 4200Hz. Yes, I have a
sentimental attachment to them, I knew Burt Berlandt from his Concertone

days.
But, there might be someone out there with even more passion for these,

who
also has ears that can still appreciate their subtleties. In that case,

they
would be better off in a new home. (I'm not using them right now anyway,

I'm
still happy with my old Jensens.) Does that make sense to you?

Didn't mean to sound so dissapproving...just that I found having spent a
lifetime sorting out the stuff that *really* sounds good, I am loath to give
it up for any reason. But I do understand...I'm just a few months younger
and recently sold my Linn/Syrinx turntable and VTL power amp because I had
backups that sounded nearly as good and needed to free up cash for my
fixed-income retirement. Practicalities do enter in, don't they?

Glad you think of them "finding a good home'. That's how I felt letting go
of my component-kids, as well.