Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-08 01:02:08 -0800, John Williamson said:

See above. It's quite possible to make very good music using cheesy
stuff like a Roland drum machine and a Casio keyboard, if you're
talented enough. I've heard a pair of musicians make good sounds with
a keyboard, a guitar, two voices and a "Band in a box" machine. It was
just a shame they started their set with "Smoke On The Water"...

Are there any wealthy, successful music stars who became successful and
rich using cheesy stuff like a Roland drum machine and a Casio
keyboard? If so, they're a tiny fraction of today's music stars. (Even
more absurd is the example given here of a musician who makes music with
a bicycle.)

Maybe they're not using such things live now, but almost all of the
famous and wealthy ones I can think of started by using a thirty dollar
guitar and maybe a cheap amp from the market or a cheap sampling
keyboard, or a dodgy PA system and a cheap microphone.

Or a cheap computer running a basic sequencer.

The only limits as to how far you can go are in yourself. I can even
think of at least one hit record that was recorded almost entirely using
a Casio VL-Tone calculator.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/casio/vl1.php

The song? :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-v3cvX8M4

Oh, yes, they also used a guitar and a decent singer.

I instinctively know what's right for my music-making needs. I want to
make digital music. I've had that strong urge for at least 15 years.

And I'm a composer type of musician -- not a player type. Therefore
digital means are appropriate for me.

Fine, just don't expect technology to work instead of talent.

Nobody here is trying to stop you making music in any way you wish,
we're just trying to help you get the most bang for your buck while
getting rid of a few of your misconceptions about making music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.