Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best digital music recording program

Jeff Henig wrote:

On 2014-12-06 19:30:57 -0800, flatfish+++ said:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:17:00 +1300, geoff wrote:

On 7/12/2014 8:57 a.m., Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:

Most of these 'sounds' are EXTERNAL to the core DAW itself, and are
third-party plug-ins which can be added to, replace, or deleted.

geoff

Here is a thread in GS discussing "sounds"...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...endations.html

Thanks, Flatfish.

Wow, that's quite a list! I haven't even heard of most of those
collections of sounds. Sounds like some obscure collections of sounds!

Actually many of those "sounds" are used to make the music you are
listening to on the radio.

It could take me weeks to go through all those collections!

Welcome to the world of electronic music.
That's just the way it is.

If you want a well rounded collection with just about every kind of
sound known to mankind, get Komplete. Even the lighter versions cover
just about all bases.
However, you will still have to fish through the thousands of sounds
to find what you are looking for although they are grouped for easy
searching.

If you are looking for free, try this site:

http://www.vstwarehouse.com/

Another thing about Kontakt is that there are a lot of third-party
companies making sound libraries for it, such as 8Dio and Soundiron.

You might look into EastWest, as they've some really good sound
libraries--and a good player--as well.

Kontakt is a total resource hog. sfz is less so, to the extent that sfz
and Kontakt support the same formats.

It may be the way I am using it, but Kontakt also seems to lose metadata
when you save project files.

--
Les Cargill