Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default 8 ohm version drastically louder than 4 Ohm version of same loudspeaker model

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
We know nothing about the driver design, the crossover design, the bass
alignment, etc.

All true, but I assume Peter expected the Driver design, Xover design, to be
very similar, but as Dick pointed out, the driver is unlikely to have
exactly the same BL product (I would have expected less than a 6dB
difference in efficiency from a reputable manufacturer however, maybe not
for white van speakers :-)
And I would hope the box design/bass alignment is the same IF the model is
supposed to be the same at least. But no guarantees there either.

Trevor.