Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

Default Tweeter protection.

One thing I'd like to point out in all of this is that a fuse is
likely to do more harm than good because you'll be under the false
impression that you can do whatever you want with the volume knob and
the fuse will save your bacon if things get too hot and heated. If I
were you, I'd just set my gains very carefully and don't let any
idiots near the volume knob. By using some common sense and by
designing/choosing your crossover carefully, you should be just fine.
I've had the same pair of MB Quart tweeters in my home cabinets since
1995 and they've endured everything from sound effects CDs to
Metallica with no problems whatsoever. I see no reason why your tweets
should be any different.

-dan