Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

Default Tweeter protection.

In article . com, "D.Kreft" wrote:
On Apr 21, 6:48 pm, WindsorFox wrote:

Well I hit the send by accident. You're way over thinking the
question. It's not car audio but I asked here not because the equipment
is relevant, but because I figured the question was. So a Carver amp at
@ 750 wpc at 6 ohms into Mirage M1 speakers.

You're right...the make and model of the tweets is irrelevant, but
this really is a Google-it kind of question. It's a simple matter of
applying Ohm's law.

P = I^2 * R
P/R = I^2
sqrt(P/R) = I

So, take the amount of power the tweeter can handle, divide it by the
nominal impedance of the speaker and then take the square root of that
quotient--that'll give you the amount of current drawn. Fuse
accordingly.

Finding the amount of power it can take might be the real problem.

Did I hear the name Eddie Runner somewhere?

greg