Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

On 5/7/2019 3:52 AM, Trevor wrote:
I've been using Winamp for a couple of decades, and dragging files into
the play window is easy, then simply save as a playlist. You don't have
to play any of them if you don't want to. And once you create a playlist
you can edit it in a text editor if necessary.

I guess I've never looked that hard at Winamp, probably because I use
Winamp on my real computers and I don't really need a playlist there.
Where I want to make playlists is on my phone.

I don't think there's a real version of Winamp for Android. There are a
few out there that use Winamp in their name (on the Play Store) but
whenever I've tried one, it's always been something else. I've been
using HF-Player from Onkyo and it does what I want. It's not that hard
to make a play list but it's hard for me to remember how to do it since
it's something I do only once every couple of months. And if it's
drag-and-drop, I haven't found the right motion yet.

I don't have hundreds of songs on my phone. I record music radio
programs on a desktop computer, 1-3 hours long, that I like to play when
on a flight or long drive. I copy 10 or 15 hours worth of those to my
phone, and that's what I want to make the playlist from. The extent to
my playlist editing is to arrange the order of the programs so I don't
hear three of the same program in a row.

The last "Winamp" I tried for the phone pops up a message "you are using
an illegal copy of Vanilla Music. Get the real copy here...." I tried
that and it has some promise. I can open the folder with the programs,
mark the ones I want to take on this trip, add them to the playlist, and
then open the playlist to juggle the playing order. The real problem is
with working on the small screen - not enough space to open a "from" and
a "to" window at the same time.