Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

On 7/05/2019 6:09 PM, geoff wrote:
On 7/05/2019 4:00 PM, August Abolins wrote:
In a post between : All", on 5/6/2019 7:16 AM

Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

I want:

1. Good playlist support, easy to add files and easy to open and play.

2. Fast start of player.

3. Low CPU usage.

Any recommendations ?

I recently learned the Apple's Quicktime player (MAC) plays FLAC.Â*Â* I
am not
sure if the Quicktime for PC is the same.

But.. then why not convert FLAC to AppleLossless and use that
collection in
iTunes?

Hope that helps.
...A

I take it you are running *VLC* Media Player on a Mac ?Â* If not, and
target is Android why not convert the ALAC to FLAC to be more
universally portable. VLC Media Player for Android may be a better
design without the Mac constraints.

I use PowerAmp on my phone which, although I do FLAC, does play ALAC
files directly (I rip CDs into iTunes for 'convenince' ).

Ooops , read "convenience".
None of the media

Insert "players"

give me a stiffy exactly, but isn't iTunes the
worst-ever application in the history of UI designs and workflow ? I am
stuck with iTunes to get stuff onto my ancient 4-Gen iPod Touch which is
so svelte and hi-design that you can't even insert most 3.5mm jacks
fully into it ;-0 .

geoff

Read "geoff"