Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 9/9/2018 10:53 PM, Trevor wrote:
I still think Behringer has created a low cost semi-pro market segment
they lead by a mile. But if you can afford Midas, they own that now too.

I asked a tech person from Behringer about the differences between the
Behringer X32 console and the Midas version, and what he described were
differences in some component choices, primarily the faders and encoders
- parts that are subject to mechanical wear in normal operation. The
Behringer version was introduced as a studio console, with the
recognition that there would be plenty of them used for low budget live
sound. The Midas version was introduced as a live sound console,
understanding that some would use it as a lower budget studio console.

Knowing that, on the average, there's less knob turning per work hour in
the studio than in live work, and overall less wear-and-tear on external
connectors, they beefed up those parts in the Midas. But the circuit
boards and (mostly) the software is the same in both because those have
more predictable reliability.

Behringer understands their market. The problem is that some of their
market doesn't understand Behringer, not realizing that there's a
tradeoff between price and quality, and some may be affected by that
more than others.