Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Are they using real-time pitch fix?

On 9/01/2019 9:23 PM, Dr2 wrote:
On 12/30/2018 9:57 AM, Les Cargill wrote:

Those harmonies aren't so perfect as to be not live. They sound
AutotuneyÂ* in that there's a bit of triangle wave to 'em but people
sing like that now.

Ain't that the truth!Â* I can certainly vouch for that...
My neighbor kid grew up listening to the early (bad) auto-tuned vocals.
Â*He was so constantly exposed to the dreaded artifacts that he actually
learned to sing that way.Â*Â* To listen to him sing live with no
electronics....it was eerie.Â*Â* I keep checking his neck to see if he had
a USB port on there.Â*

The good news was, it was fairly easy for him to just drop the
"undesirable artifact" part of his style and keep the "locked on pitch"
so he is actually a really good singer now.

The nasal effect.

geoff