Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dr2 Dr2 is offline

Default Are they using real-time pitch fix?

On 12/30/2018 9:57 AM, Les Cargill wrote:

Those harmonies aren't so perfect as to be not live. They sound
Autotuney in that there's a bit of triangle wave to 'em but people
sing like that now.

Ain't that the truth! I can certainly vouch for that...
My neighbor kid grew up listening to the early (bad) auto-tuned vocals.
He was so constantly exposed to the dreaded artifacts that he actually
learned to sing that way. To listen to him sing live with no
electronics....it was eerie. I keep checking his neck to see if he had
a USB port on there.

The good news was, it was fairly easy for him to just drop the
"undesirable artifact" part of his style and keep the "locked on pitch"
so he is actually a really good singer now.