Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Default Are they using real-time pitch fix?

Nil said...news:XnsA9C89F82EF6B8nilch1
@wheedledeedle.moc:

On 30 Dec 2018, Les Cargill wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

The camera avoids angles that show it clearly,but I thought I saw
a very small, discreet cable running from the endpin to under the
guitar strap. It went by very quickly and could have just been a
reflection or the guitar strap itself.

There is a red cable plugged into the end pin, visible at 2:27 and
4:22. The cable wraps around behind the guy, presumably to a wireless
pack on his belt or guitar strap.

I don't hear any obvious vocal pitch correction, which doesn't mean
there isn't any, of course. If there is, it's tastefully done. The
whole thing sound very well-mixed and balanced... almost too good to be
true. I think this group has a lot of money behind it, so I suppose
they have the best, most expensive electronic and human resources
available.

My vote is for "they are THAT good."

I have to wonder how many times they've performed this song since it was
first released. They've had plenty of time to get beyond any electronic
tuning if there ever was any IMHO. It did sound like they had a click
track, though.

david

---