Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Are they using real-time pitch fix?

On 30 Dec 2018, Les Cargill wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

The camera avoids angles that show it clearly,but I thought I saw
a very small, discreet cable running from the endpin to under the
guitar strap. It went by very quickly and could have just been a
reflection or the guitar strap itself.

There is a red cable plugged into the end pin, visible at 2:27 and
4:22. The cable wraps around behind the guy, presumably to a wireless
pack on his belt or guitar strap.

I don't hear any obvious vocal pitch correction, which doesn't mean
there isn't any, of course. If there is, it's tastefully done. The
whole thing sound very well-mixed and balanced... almost too good to be
true. I think this group has a lot of money behind it, so I suppose
they have the best, most expensive electronic and human resources
available.