Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Huge difference? No?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 16:49:01 -0700 (PDT), Brassplyer
wrote:

Ever heard an exotic turntable in action? Do you have one? Do you feel the difference between it and say a correctly set up Technics SL1200MK2 is night and day?

Yes, I have heard quite a few. Back in the late 80s I worked for a
company that sold turntable - arm combos that sold for thousands of
dollars. I own a Technics SL1200MK2. If there is a major difference, I
can't hear it. Cartridges, however can vary greatly in all parameters.
Linear arm turntables, like the Revox and Rabcos will have less
distortion on the inner tracks but they also have other drawbacks. If
I were you, I'd keep the table you have and, if you want better sound,
upgrade the cartridge.