Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Hugedifference? No?

On 6/08/2018 12:08 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 05/08/2018 12:10, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/5/2018 3:22 AM, John Williamson wrote:
I've always been one of those that plays the record once, while
recording it on to the best tape or digital medium I have available.

I'm too old to have done that. When I first started buying records, I
didn't have a tape recorder. And my record playing system was far
better than the tape recorders I could afford when I could finally add
one to my system. Today, I have no compelling reason to buy a
phonograph record.

Nor do I, but my local Tesco superstore has just started stocking a
(very) limited range of vinyl.

As most of what is there is classic rock titles, IĀ* would hope they've
not suffered any remastering other than making new stampers. I'll still
be listening to the CD versions, though.

Or one can make a digital recording of the LP, and have a CD version
that faithfully documents all the limitations and flaws that the
enthusiasts find to be supposedly 'superior to digital'.

geoff