Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

Default Polk Audio - Opinions?

I recall vividly attending the 1986 CES show in Las Vegas, and I
had an appointment with Matt Polk regarding some custom driver work
he was looking at: I was to meet them at their suite. Approaching
the suite down the hall, I saw TWO Matt Polks standing out front
of the entrance, both wearing his, at the time, signature lab coat.
It wasn't until I was perhaps 25 feet away when it became apparent that
standing there was a life-size, cardboard cutout of a photograph of
Matt Polk in his signature labcoat, propped next to a real life-size
Matt Polk in his real signature lab coat, striking exactly the same
pose.

So as not to offend him, I went up to the cutout and asked it if
he knew where I could find Matt Polk.

Dick Pierce