Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] howie.stone@btinternet.com is offline

Default Is there any reason not to connect the music source directly to the

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 16:57:17 UTC+1, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 11:46:45 AM UTC-4, wro=

te:
And if I understand correctly, this should be more truthful than any pr=

eamp, and certainly more truthful than any passive preamp. Is that right?
=20
I have some free time on Thursday if all goes to plan, so I'll try it t=

hen unless someone warns me off.
=20
=20
"Truthful" - I am not sure that is the precise term I would use. At the s=

ame time, you would be getting the pure signal from the tablet. What remain=
s to be determined is the quality of that signal relative to any other sour=
ce. Not every streaming source is worthwhile. Happily, you have speakers th=
at will have little mercy, and will expose problems quickly.=20
=20
Best of luck!
=20
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The tablet is just used to manage a music server. The system consists of fi=
les stored on a hard drive and accessed by the logitech media server, strea=
med by a squeezebox into a Museatex DAC and then out into (at the moment) a=
Quad 44.