Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Mike Mueller Mike Mueller is offline

Default Experience with Shuguang tubes

jaap wrote:
Recently I bought a new pair of Shuguang 2A3 tubes from an Ebay shop in
China. Arrived in good shape, thanks to careful handling of the post,
not because of decent packaging. Put them up for a test in the old AVO
mk IV to be sure they survived the bumpy ride. One measured at half the
original RCA specs, the other even at ten percent less.

Anyone with the same or different experience with these cheap Chinese
tubes? All together they don't come that cheap, compared to old USA
production which test normally well beyond rejection.

FWIW, the seller does not respond to my complaint. It might be because
of the language barrier, or he might know what he's selling.\

When using paypal, use your american express card as your primary
payment option. Visa or MAstercard do work also. Do not use your ATM
card. Same as the checking account
American Express knows the word refund. It's instant.
Never use tour checking account as a primary funding sorce.
Your **** out of luck.
Good luck
Mike Mueller