Captain Howdy

Default Eddie's opinion! Amps, more argument!

In article , "Les" wrote:

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
Agree with the notion of what?

Your reading comprehension skills are actually getting worse! Agree with the
notion that if 2 amps are matched and playing the same signal that they will
sound the same.

I guess that the internal processing of the amp wont color the signal either,
right?

I totally agree that one amp can sound cherry
and another can sound like ass (right Paul?). Like I said 100 posts ago, I
don't know if it's because of xovers or any other processing that the amp

may
have.

Exactly, you don't know. Is that why you keep avoiding my questions? I
thought you might not want to make yourself look bad but it appears that you
just don't know.

Who give a **** about why they sound different, the point is that they do.

Like I also stated, I have a PPI amp here that has the same rated power
output for all four channels and yet I can't bridge the amp in to a pair

of
woofers, because the xovers are not matched evenly between the front a

rear
channels.

Making them sound the same should be possible if it is a matter of the same
position on each represents a different frequency. If it is a slope problem
then you have yourself a defective amp. Assuming of course the manufacture
designed them to be the same.

They are not designed the same, what part of "not matched evenly" don't you
understand? The front xover is not low-pass.

Now if I can't get the front and rear channels of single amp to
sound the same, why do you find it so hard to believe that two different

amps
could sound different.

Because the crossovers do not come into question!

Crossovers do not come into question, now days more then ever.
Xovers are a part of the amp are they not? When buying an amp, the xover is
an extra option or it is built into the amp. How many manufactures offer car
amps without xovers todays? Can you turn off or bypass the xover in your
D-class amp ? How many current amps do you know of where you can by-pass the
xover and all other proccesing ?

You cannot possibly
compare amps with different crossover frequencies and slopes. You would
absolutely be able to tell them apart just because you can hear extra
frequencies.

So in fact now you are saying that my MTX 801D would sound different then your
Memphis Belle 1300D under normal operating conditions. If you recall these
post started by someone testing a few amps in their car and finding that they
all sounded different (do a google search). Well thank you very much and ****
off, I have no further use for you.

As Eddie stated below IF and If, Well IF money fell
out of the sky I'd be rich and if all amps had the same controls and
processing they might sound the same and I'd be happy with my 4 channel

PPI
amp. I don't see any of that happening, do you Mark?

Doesn't matter. Eddie is right, you will likely not recreate level matching
etc. in a car, but that is not the point. Howdy I have stated the point so
many times I should have created a hotkey just to paste it, and you either
do not read it or realize it is right and don't acknowledge it.
It is important to understand that how amplifiers work and how they
reproduce sound and how we percieve it. It allows you to realize that SQ
really is not a factor and other stuff is more important.

SQ is very much a factor, the differences between xovers and slopes and any
other types of features such as bass boost, phase shift and what have you can
and will change the SQ from one amp to another. You have to take into
consideration that these extra features may also limit the flexibility of the
amp, as in the case of my PPI amp. With that said , I am done with you and
your magically equal amplifiers.

Do you understand
that? Do you agree with that? Quit being a baby and actually answer some
questions.

Les