Paul Vina

Default Amps, more argument!

You know it's funny buut I don't know anyone who has actively investigated

even
this situation. What I mean it seem to me that the most common "sound" of
amplifiers driven into overload may not be the "clipping" but the action

of
overload protection circuitry or the behavior of loudspeakers driven into
excess distortion.

Just fishing here and I wonder what others may have discovered in this

regard.

That may be the case, Tom. But the whole point of the thread was not really
what causes the sound differences, because we all hear them, just that when
operating linearly thay all sound the same.

Paul Vina