Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Speaker ports

In article ,
Trevor wrote:
I'd generally glue another small square of plywood to the inside to
make up the required length of port - unless very much longer than the
thickness of the baffle. But the thickest baffle I've ever used is
12mm birch ply. Although never made PA sized speakers.

Gee that's really doing it the hard way when you consider the port
inertance is a factor of both the cross sectional area and length. So in
this case a lot easier to adjust the port area slightly than length.
When you must use a tube, the reverse is usually the case of course.

Depends, I suppose, on your woodworking skills and facilities.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.