Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Guilty of cheating your custommer?

On 6/23/2014 4:13 PM, Luxey wrote:
Actually, in the early days of mp3, some 15 years ago, I witnessed people
prefered mp3s to full resolution. I attributed it to novelty hype and
missunderstanding, not to listening.

Fraunhofer did some recent studies, within the last 5 years or so, and
found that a good percentage of listeners preferred an MP3 (bit rate
unspecified) over an unbuggered file. They concluded that it was what
the listeners were accustomed to hearing. Many were young enough to have
never seriously listened to good CDs or even phonograph records. This is
part of the problem.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com