Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Default 64 bit processing, etc.

Soundhaspriority wrote:
wrote in message

But... as a misic recordong/production platform...
Lotsa work getting intimately familiar with alsa, integrating alsa nas
stuff like jackd, not to speak about no professional music apps.
Drivers for (semi) pro soundcards? Well, a few, like RME.

Another myth. But it is completely understandable how, if you haven't been a
programmer, that you don't understand it. You can be a very intelligent
person, and still not understand.

I fully understand. On Windows, I can grab my disks and my dongle and
head out for a few days of mixing at damn near anyone's studio. I don't
even need to bring my machine unless I want to. I mixed a gospel album
last week on a $125 laptop I bought from a pawnshop (the pawnsop guy
thought it was broken... it works perfectly. BTW) Kind hard (more like
time consuming) to even try to do something like that on Linux.