ebyea wrote:

No it's a 97 strat and I've had it with passive pickups. So I bought a
pair of emg that are powered by a 9 volt battery. Since I'm wiring the
whole thing from scratch now I figured why put the cheap ceramic in there.

Why have a tone control cap in there at all? Every guitar player I knew
invariably kept the control wide open anyway.

Just for kicks & grins I disconnected the whole tone circuit from a
friend's axe; the sound was a tad brighter and louder, I recall, but
he eventually got nervous about resale and wanted it back to stock.

Francois.