Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:49:45 GMT, (GregS) wrote:

In article , ebyea wrote:
It's for a guitar tone control and I'd like to replace the little 0.1mF
marked 104 light dull brown about 3/8" circular cap with a paper in oil
which I happen to have or a hovland or something of a bit more quality.
Would there be any loss of signal using a different type of capacitor
or is a cap a cap and all that matters is the rating and that the volate
meets or exceeds the requirement?

Passive, a very loose word. There has to be some electrical activity in there.
Is this a tube amp? An external line stage? There is voltage rating to
contend with. Different caps can have different effects, but those effects
are also dependent on the circuit.

Can you not read? It's part of an electric guitar.