Sockpuppet Yustabe

Default O.T. Grocery clerks strike

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

Equally, Limbaugh, a staunch proponent of jail time for
addicts, will not be charged, thanks to Jebbie.

He should be treated similarly to how others in his position
have been treated.

You mean the position of having publicly called for harsh punishment
for those who do what he did?

No, that's not the way the law is supposed to work.
According to your logic, legalization advocates should
walk. Its obvious, you want him punished for his
views. You just about said it.

Isn't it possible that Limbaugh's
yammering may have indirectly influenced the jail sentences inflicted
on other drug users?

No

He should be made an example of. He abused a position of influence,
albeit an ad-hoc one, in order to deflect attention away from his own
bad behavior.

Hehe, sound like a description of Clinton, to me.
("Don't bother me about Monica, it detracts from my running the country")
Anyway Rush developed his hard line attitude about drugs well before he got
hooked. He didn't do it for deflection, Now the guy was in serious denial,
like all drug and alcohol abusers. Also, I have some empathy
for the situation in which he got hooked, using those
drugs to alleviate severe pain due to a medical condition.
I have seen someone close to me endure such pain, and ask to die.
So I can see where he would use those drugs for that purpose.
However, after a while, on vould easily get hooked.

Talk about lack of compassion in the right, I see as much
from the left.It sickens me, and it is a mjor reason I no longer
adhere to the program.

I would say the same thing, were it a liberal point man like
Al Franken or James Carvile in the hot seat.

Disagreed. They aren't rabble-rousers and hatemongers. In fact, it
wouldn't surprise me if Franken is on the record as supporting the
right side of the "drug issue".

They are, as much as Limburgh is, which is not much.
There is alot of blind intolerance on the left.
You just don't see it. Actually, you tend towards exhibiting it yourself.
Now, I am not calling you a hate monger or rabble rouser,
but I think that you are, by your strongly held principals,
prone to detest individuals who hold different political opinions.

Do you want to be like Sanders, whose leftist beliefs prevent him
from maintaining a friendship with someone like me, who resides, but
moderately,
on the other side of the road?

BTW, I am:
pro choice (though I don't particularly like abortions, making them illegal
is just not workable, nor is it correct)
pro drug legalization
in favor of programs that will truly help the working poor and
those not able to work (such as accountability in schools, vouchers only
where schools are failing, no or low interest loans for small
businesses and housing, subsidized day care)
pro legalization of prostitiution
pro condoms for teenagers
etc.