Harry

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:06:14 GMT, " Ralph Heidecke"
wrote:

I have a pair of Maggie 1b's (mid 80's vintage) and have had no problems
with amp sections less than 100W; a PS Audio 2c plus (70w), an HK 760
reciever(40w) and a European Pioneer Integrated Unit (not sure of the power
but I suspect is 30 to 40w). Maggies are usually low impedence design so an
amp with a hgih current capability helps, however I can't see you'd have an
issue with the amps you are using.

Thanks for the advice. I have bought a pair of Maggie 1.4s and am very
happy with them. As usual there are compromises. My old box speakers
(Rogers Studio 9s) are better in some respects but the maggies are
better in other ways. I am happy with them.

Thanks for the help.