Chris Hornbeck

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:09:21 GMT, Logan Shaw
wrote:

I'm no electronics expert, so perhaps I'm missing something, but I
thought radio waves were simply

Thou and I will never have any remotely useful intuitive
understanding of any of the following topics:

(changing) magnetic fields
(changing) electric fields
magnetic fields,
energy
absorbed
an antenna
electricity
conductor.

And, if we come to think that we do, we can fall into one
of the many conceptual traps exhibited in this thread.

The point being, I don't see how there can be a distinction between
hum caused by changing magnetic fields and hum caused by radio.
If the two wires are really close together and the frequency is,
say, 100 Hz, then wavelength is really, really long, and in fact
the distance between the transmitting and receiving antenna is
waaay less than one wavelength. But does that mean it's not
the same thing as radio?

You have an incisive viewpoint. But a complete description of
electromagnetic fields won't help your understanding, IMO.

But neither will some of the misinformation abounding.

Chris Hornbeck