Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

"Walt" wrote in message

Serge Auckland wrote:
"Bob Myers" wrote in
message ...
Walt wrote:
Bob Myers wrote:

In other words - exactly what is it that bi-wiring is
believed to do, and how?

It has been widely espoused that bi-wiring makes speakers sound better.

I can name a number of audio forums where bi-wring has been or is currently
"accepted truth".

... Bi-wiring can't work, unless the laws of physics
are somehow suspended...

Agreed.

If anyone has any theory or hypothesis to propose, lets
hear it and test it,

There's a fairly simple scientific explanation that's been around since
the 50's and has stood up to rigorous hypothesis testing.
At this point the principle is as valid a scientific theory as circuit
theory,
although not as readily quantifiable.

Over a decade of practical observations suggest to me that there is some
common, fundamental property of humans that is behind all this.

Solomon Asche did the early work in this field. You can
read about it he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_co...ty_experiments

Very interesting. Somehow I was never taught this in my sociology classes.
:-(