Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Serge Auckland[_2_] Serge Auckland[_2_] is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

"Bob Myers" wrote in message
Walt wrote:
Bob Myers wrote:

In other words - exactly what is it that bi-wiring is believed
to do, and how?

Increase profits by selling the gullible twice as much speaker cable
as they need. If you can get them to buy the expensive cable, even
better.

Well, yes, of course - I was rather hoping, though, that
someone who was a biwiring proponent could describe
just how THEY think it works, and why.

And if the answer comes back "we don't know how it works,
it just does..." - well, there are some really, really interesting
implications there, too.

Bob M.

Not really, unless you think that it all being in the mind of the listener
is interesting. Bi-wiring can't work, unless the laws of physics are somehow
suspended, so any suggestion that it does work is pure fantasy. For those
who believes it does work, it is just that, a belief, as valid as the
tooth-fairy, Easter Bunny or God. No proof, and what's more, not a single
suggestion as to how it could possibly work that have any scientific
validity.

If anyone has any theory or hypothesis to propose, lets hear it and test it,
but so far, all we've heard is comments along the lines of " I've heard it,
and it works for me".

S.
--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com