Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Serge Auckland[_2_] Serge Auckland[_2_] is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Walt" wrote in message
Bob Myers wrote:

In other words - exactly what is it that bi-wiring is believed
to do, and how?

Increase profits by selling the gullible twice as much speaker cable as
they need. If you can get them to buy the expensive cable, even better.

Agreed.

And then there's the pile-on. The dealer says: "Well, if you want to
really
hear a benefit from bi-wiring, you have to use more expensive wire."

Tom Nousaine often calls that bi wire = buy wire! ;-)

And then the even further totally pointless sell...if you really want to go
the extra, bi-amping is the way...we can sell you another pair of totally
useless power amps, but think of the profit we make....

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com